View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #16
OND

Drives: 2023 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdr93523 View Post
While a pyrometer is a useful tool, tire wear is actually the only thing you should use to determine a final camber setting... Unless you're doing time attack, then who cares about wear?

I didn't go back and check but I believe this thread started with someone who doesn't have sufficient adjustability for any of this conversation to be relevant and hence why the pressures are going to be way more important than a pyrometer. I'm not even sure why a pyrometer was brought up in the first place. Because of this lack of adjustability, wear and heat will be both excessive on the outside edge no matter what so pressures are the only real thing that will make a difference. Spending money and time (including this conversation) with things that don't have an affect or solution is a waste.
Makes sense, I will start with monitoring tire pressures closer and adding a second set of camber bolts to begin with. Pyrometer readings etc might come at a later stage if/when I upgrade some suspension components to gain more adjustability.

I am actually starting to think my higher cold pressures might be causing a vicious cycle where my front tires slide too much, which heats up the tires, which in turn increases the pressure and causes even more understeer.
OND is offline   Reply With Quote