strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,480 Times in 4,999 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Back to old reliable Nexus 5X for now. I like the OnePlus6 but alas, not project Fi compatible.
I'm going to use this 5X until it dies, unless PFi has a new offering (since I think they've run out of 5X's to send me to replace this one) that I want I'm probably going back to ATT, they lowered their pre-paid plan and it's competitive imho, not to mention better reception compared to Fi in my experience. ~$50/month for 8GB of data and unlimited talk and text, same 'overage' charges as PFi with $10/1GB extra data but I'm almost never even near 4GB.

PFi has been great (omg real customer service from a telcom, it's surreal) but I'm averaging ~$47/month with ~2.5GB of data and my phone call quality has been crap. I've missed about 40% of the job interview calls I've scheduled over the past few months and have had to call them back after staring at my phone waiting for it to ring and seeing the 'missed call' notification pop up with zero warning.

Pretty sure it's because Google rings my 'gmail' on whatever computer I was last using before it rings my phone. Happened to me just now when my gf called, computer rings, phone's got nothing, fingers crossed it rings the phone before it goes to voicemail.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (05-08-2018)