View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #36
Saab2Frs

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
Honestly,I still can't get over how the OP says that he couldn't say no to Saab.

I'm not saying that Saabs are bad cars,but after that warranty is up,pray to what ever god you believe in that you won't need any major repairs done because there goes your kids not going to college without a scholarship.

In my area,99% of mechanics either won't even touch a Swedish car,or you really don't want them too.There's a shop across town from where I live that work on nothing but Saab and Volvo cars.That alone tells me that I want no part of that.
I've owned 4 Saabs so they are VERY familiar to me and I wasn't nervous buying one. There's a huge community full of people who are knowledgeable and could point me to a good mechanic if I ever needed one, which I don't because there is a Saab tech not too far from where I live.

The 2.0T in my car is very reliable. Despite Saab's spotty reputation they are actually reliable cars. Their bad rep comes from people who don't care for them properly. I worked for a Saab dealer and you would not believe the condition people brought their cars in.

Again, the reasons for me selling my FRS were my own and I don't feel I should have to go into them. Not being rude. They're just irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I thank those who took the time to answer my question and not read too much into it. I'm not a forum jockey who just asks without research. The problem with them world wide internetz is you get A LOT of misinformation.

Also, as a side note, did Perrin increase the price on all their items? My FRS had a full Perrin exhaust and I got it for $1200 total. Looks to me like the system is close to $1500 now.
Saab2Frs is offline   Reply With Quote