View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #12
Le86

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
I'm nothing special. Just been doing it for a few years now. I drifted my s14 for a few years at courses from skid pads to road courses with 80mph entries.

Just takes seat time. As you get more time driving the car, your confidence will go up. Starting off smaller is good though, especially when you drive a track with walls. I can tell you right now that the car will not be able to keep the wheels spinning on the big bank unless you have at least 300hp. That corner would be a 4th gear entry in our cars. After a few events,that 3/8ths bank will be like nothing to you.

I envy you though cause I want to drive evergreen so bad haha. It looks like such a fun track
Haha well I've never driven on any other track so I wouldn't know.

I do believe they require a full cage to do the 5/8ths bank at Evergreen. Perfectly justified too, I've seen some nasty wrecks on that bank. I'll stick with the infield for now haha.

As much as I would like to squeeze a few more hp out of my car or get a proper suspension setup, I choose to use my money towards tires and seat time.