Old 12-02-2019, 08:33 PM   #2131
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeutonicShift89 View Post
I think one criticism I've heard of the morimoto lights is that the LED daytime running strip is considerably dimmer and less visible in the day time than the factory boomerangs.

Any word on this?

Also, I thought HID had superior output than LED: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...&postcount=172

I like the 5yr warranty offered by the Retrofit Source. Definitely be the store I would get them from.
The HIDs will have more focus for down road visibility and more of a hot spot up close because of it. HIDs can still be blinding from far away if someone lacks a projector or doesn’t aim it correctly. This is evidence enough that HIDs generally are brighter.

LED should have a more saturated/brighter look for up close, but it fails to match HIDs for down road illumination. They tend to be more obnoxious to oncoming drivers, but that is mostly up close because they intensity dissipates quickly.

The ideal situation would be HID projector headlights and LED projector fog lights because there would be down road visibility and up close full saturation at a low height, so there is less chance of blinding oncoming traffic.