carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
is this owner on the boards? i have ZERO respect for morons like this, obviously a fucking mustang is involved

once you push the car to its limits on the track, you quickly learn that it is down right stupid to come near those limits on the street. let alone on those shitty stock tires.

by that dash and steering wheel lay out thats a mid/late 90's stang. they are slow as fuck. makes the brz look like a racecar...
not all true, the car is tail happy yes, but even with the stock tires on the car behaves well because of the chassis it sits on, try driving an MR-2... lol this car is VERY sane vs that car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
first 20 min of an engine's life are most important.. all that happens at the end of the assembly line when they do the shakedown testing.

Look at it that way and none of us got to "break in" our cars. All we did over the fist however many miles was get the ecu to learn in. .. I started giving mine hell around 600 mi.

As for the jackhole in the vid.. I'm surprised he didn't wreck it in the vid.. but .. who knows. Maybe a few months? First time he beats on it like that in the rain he's going to get a real interesting surprise.
yes, and yes

if you saw my car you might be saddened, i do rally cross from time to time though, explains the battle scars, but i have no intentions on reselling ever and 2 im driving the damn thing like is supposed to be driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterbrawten View Post
99 and up v6 mustang had right around 200hp. Actually a good comparison if you look at it that way.
99-2010 v6 mustangs had less than 230 hp actually wasnt till 2011-2012 that they got the 3.7L 300hp v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynutter2 View Post
Car Manual states there is a 1000 mile break in period. No more than 4000 rpm recommended.
also the engine wakens up a good 1000km or so after break in, this has been noted multiple times through dyno testing during and after breaking periods

this is MEH, break in happens at factory and maybe 50 miles into ownership

"break-in" periods are for 2 reasons
1. if you beat on it, and they pull that information, they could deny warranty
2. if something wasn't manufactured right, engine failure would be less catastrophic, less damage would be done to the engine ( less damage done from you beating on the engine and it would expose the failed part better to toyota/subaru so they could quickly find a solution to the defect.)

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote