View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
FT-86-

Drives: Sexy Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_dot_com View Post
Lately I've been having a lot of clutch engagement issue. What ive notice was that during cold weather my clutch engages fine, however, if i were to drve for 30 in stop anf go traffic, i will envounter heavy resistance from nutral into a gear and during down shifting. this is true for 1-5 gears at any speed. i also experience heavy resistance when shifting from high gear to nutral, then nutral down shift into a gear. When I encounter heavy resistance, I can slide the gear in by rev matching. Pumping the clutch or double shifting does not help the situation. From time to time I will also experience heavier resistance shifting out of a gear when it's acting up.

I've been reading up the synchro issue, but since I have after market pressure plate (ACT HD portype), I don't know if the problem could due to my master or slave clutch cylinders. I've checked all my hydraulic leak path, they were all dry. I've also check my clutch travel, and it seems to be sufficient.

Someone suggested to me that my clutch could be sticking due to incufficent cylinder pressure because of the increase demand from the aftermarket pressure plate.

Do you guys have any suggestion?
"Possible clutch cylinders upgrade"Wft! Dude there is no need to do that. This is a new car; nothing needs to be upgraded unless you really want to turn into race car. I think that you are not rev matching and if you are then complain with Scion/Toyota/Subaru they will fix it.
FT-86- is offline   Reply With Quote