Old 11-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #88
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,297 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
That's the problem, Tesla can't make a quality anything. Let's see what 10 year old Tesla's look like.

Oh wow, an ev can run a 64 second autocross. That really tells me anything about if they can survive even 1 lap of tail of the dragon, never mind all day at it. It says something when Tesla has to create an entirely new model to do what all manufacturers do for a large number of their vehicles.

Nissan Leafs are around $8-$10k right now with 40,000 miles. So I am exactly right on point with used car values. No one cares about used Tesla values, they are all too expensive and normal people absolutely cannot trust them.

I have no idea where you get this garbage from. A tesla model 3 starts at $40k, but just like Porsche they skyrocket in cost with options. And there is zero negotiation.

And you are lying again. Every summer all we hear about is rolling brownouts all throughout California because of a crappy electric grid. More importantly, No electric grid on the planet can support more than 20%, but probably less, of the people plugging in cars.

Normal people don't care what they drive every day. They care about not ever having issues with their vehicles, and being able to take road trips without having to plan for 3 hour stops every several hundred miles.

You simply prove why everyone hates ev lovers. How many more people does Tesla have to murder?
The original roadsters are ten years old or about. They haven't disintegrated, as you seem to be suggesting. There are high use Telsa taxis/rentals that have over 400,000 miles on them:

https://insideevs.com/news/339110/hi...-420000-miles/

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...-going-strong/

You asked if it could be competitive in races. I don't know why endurance racing seems to matter most or be the sole metric you seem to need, and all I was saying is that the car is already competitive in many types of racing.

As I demonstrated before, the Tesla Model 3 is crushing it on sales, so I don't know why you are saying "normal people absolutely cannot trust them". You're being intellectually dishonest or willfully ignorant in spite of the evidence.

Here is a comparison between a BMW 3 series and a Model 3. As you can see, options on the BMW are much more extreme, and the editors note that the Model 3 comes standard with more equipment. Now, if we do my cost comparison of fuel and drivetrain maintenance over ten years, and consider the savings could be as high as $16k-20k, and we pull that savings off the original sticker price then the Model 3 (base) is about the same price as a 86 or cheaper after ten years.

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/37830...-3-comparison/

I have zero clue where you are getting your information. Do you have a link? I live in Santa Rosa, the city that lots thousand of homes to the fires in 2017. Over fifty people lost homes from the hospital I worked at. This year we saw our volume in the ER go from a daily average of 120 to 260 because Sutter, Kaiser and Healdsburg Hospitals shut down. I have lived both of these events, so I understand them intimately.

The problem is that we have seen drought years with 90+ degree days extending into October, which is causing extreme dryness. When high winds hit in the fall in excess of 80 miles per hour, there is a recipe for downed power lines leading to fires, so they are preemptively doing blackouts to reduce the risk. Our only solution is this or run power lines underground to the tune of $15,000 per customer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_C...power_shutoffs

Quote:
The power shutoffs are an attempt to prevent wildfires from being started by electrical equipment during strong and dry winds.
California doesn't have a "crappy electrical grid":

Quote:
California's energy consumption per capita are some of the lowest in the United States as a result of a long term policy of energy efficiency.

California has large energy resources, being among the top producers of oil, hydroelectricity, solar, biomass, and geothermal energy in the United States.

California's peak electricity demand occurred on July 24, 2006, at 2:44 pm, with 50,270 megawatts. Since then measures to reduce peak load have resulted in decreased peak demand, even as the state's population has continued to grow.

California leads the nation in electricity generation from non-hydroelectric renewable energy sources, including geothermal power, wind power, and solar power. California has some of the most aggressive renewable energy goals in the United States.[18] The state is required to obtain at least 33% of its electricity from renewable resources by 2020, and 50% by 2030, excluding large hydro.[19][20] On May 13, 2017, the California Independent System Operator (ISO) reported that the state had broken a new instantaneous renewable energy record, with non-hydro renewables providing 67.2% of the total electricity on the ISO's grid, with another 13.5% being provided by hydro.
Solar power is getting cheaper and cheaper every year, and with the advent of solar tiles replacing traditional roofs when new homes are built or when someone needs to replace their roof, the percentage of homes producing renewable energy or directly refueling their cars will continue to rapidly rise. I see no evidence to suggest our grid can't support more electric cars now or in the future, especially because most people's cars could be recharging off peak hours; peak hours are 4pm-9pm, so at work or at night as they sleep.

I've posted links consistently to support my points. You keep making unsupported assertions with a sense of malice and hate directed at this subject matter. You clearly have a bias that is clouding your reasoning, and at this time, you seem to be intellectually dishonest or willfully ignorant in the face of the facts that I have presented.
EAGLE5 (11-07-2019)