Platinum Member

Drives: Toyota 86 Vortech SC
Thanked 1,021 Times in 541 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregore View Post
As usual very good driving, Fish Eagle! How did the new wheels and tyres feel?

Your video reminded me how long its feels since I drove clockwise around here. I have almost forgotten how to do it...

I am going to take Friday 20th July off and go to Redstar to practice this direction for the Michelin Cup. I am determined to try and break 2:20.000 in this direction
New wheels and tyres are great. No rubbing at all
The track was cold and slippery though, and the car was very loose despite more rubber.

The trick for a good laptime clockwise is to focus on the 3 corners leading into the straights. The most important is the one into the long main straight - you need to be on the gas early, before the apex, and build speed out of the corner. Next is the corner into the midfield straight - also need to be on the gas early, and build speed by running wide along the outside edge of the tar. Needs bravery. And finally, the zig-zag onto the pit straight - rather brake a bit earlier to allow you to get your speed right and get the car nicely balanced. I recommend stay in 3rd, and hold foot flat all the way through the zig-zag. That corner's all about carrying momentum, not making noise and wheelspin. Enjoy, and see you on the 29th. I'm going to push to get into the 2m14's