View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #48
Agam

Drives: 03 WRB WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Sorry, I thought the 190K were their worldwide sales, I stand corrected.. but I'm still not sure why you are focusing only on U.S. sales for all those companies... that really doesn't mean squat. They don't just build cars for the U.S. and todays global auto companies sure as hell don't live or die based on their U.S. sales alone.
for a lot of these companies, the US market is their key market for sales and they generate most of their profits from here and thats where subaru is doing well.

i'm just countering your point
Quote:
The other point is that there probably isn't enough demand for Subies' AWD cars to keep them in business for long. I think they absolutely needed this shot in the arm new venture. If they can keep it simple, with their first sporty FR car with a huge appeal to be sold worldwide, they might just double their sales. (At 190K sales a year, that probably wouldn't be too hard to do!).
all i'm saying is this coupe will NOT "save" subaru.... there AWD formula is working fine globally, so well in fact that subaru of australia has already shot down this coupe saying that if it isn't AWD they won't take it (obviously because they believe their formula of AWD, etc works).. and no if this car even does well, it won't even come close to doing a quarter of subaru's sales globally... i think we forget that even if this car is "that amazing" it targets a really small niche of people (real drivers) so assuming this car does well, theres almost no chance in hell they'll double their sales or sell 200k of these things globally

that's all^

Edit: imagine this, the new legacy has as much space if not more than a camry, more trunk space than an accord, is cheaper than both, gets better gas mileage than the accord and has a bigger trunk than the accord while still being smaller in length than both cars.. and it comes with AWD for free THAT if anything will help "double" their sales
Agam is offline   Reply With Quote