steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB86'd View Post
I've had this happen randomly too, but I think it's only happened in the first part of my drive so I just attribute it to the car not being warmed up and fuel trims or something being off. I'm on OFT stage 2 91 uel. It happens to me around 3000 rpm too and I remember hearing about a DI transition happening around 3k rpm, maybe it's noticeable during warmup on certain days
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrage View Post
Not exactly, but there's only a certain set of gas stations I visit regularly since they are either close to work, or close to home. But it is the same "brand" and grade.

As for getting a tune just for the intake, it seems like a bit of a waste, but at the same time, i was also planning on getting a tune after I get headers/exhaust done.

Interesting note about the DI switchover point. I'll look further into that as well.

I'll try to keep this post updated if it happens again and/or I get some more solid info.
The switching from pi to di is more a transition than a switchover in normal operation see below

The car does run full port injection on startup till i think coolant get to certian temp then switches to using the pi\di ratio maps below their are 3 cold,warm , hot but all usually have same values.
Its engine load vs rpm based not just straight rpm

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s251/...ls-Desktop.png
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote