Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #50
Gost

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agam View Post
for a lot of these companies, the US market is their key market for sales and they generate most of their profits from here and thats where subaru is doing well.
I'd have to disagree with that. The US market is no longer the target market for most auto makers. 3 of the Japanese automakers are top 5 sellers in the UK and the UK seems to be getting trims of certain cars that Japan isn't even thinking about bringing over to the US. (UK gets the Type-Rs from Honda as well as the Accord wagons and some other trims) Volkswagen and all it's subsidiaries is the third largest auto maker in the world and their target market is Europe. Europe seems to get many exclusive trims of certain vehicles that they don't think about bringing to the US.

Reason why I think Subaru is doing well in the U.S is because the AWD is seen as the safest route to go and I'm assuming they handle well in the snow since that's all they advertise on the radio in the winter.

In the near future, China is going to be the target market for US automakers, and it's already begun. Chinese economy is on the rise and I'm predicting in the next 10 years, American-made car sales are going to sky rocket there. They love American cars in China.
Gost is offline   Reply With Quote