Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesubie View Post
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!

Sportsguy, if you're adding a turbo your warranty is done anyway so just run one of the above oils. A cheaper option would be Castrol Edge SPT (or whatever it's called now) 0W-30 (German Castrol).

-Dennis
You are right, I shouldn't worry about the warranty since obviously FI will void it. My concern was more saying "will it hurt the engine given the fact its not certified.

I know I can run any of the oils I mentioned above, the thing is that I want to run an oil that is in fact GOOD, but I don't want to over do it getting the most expensive one for nothing really. This is what is bothering me. Some people say Motul is the best. Others say the formula has been declining steadily and its not quality anymore. Some say Royal Purple is amazing, others say its just a marketing stunt and its a POS. Some swear by Amsoil, others say it is not touching their car. Reading your posts you seem like an extremely knowledgeable guy in the field. I know I am asking for your opinion, but since you have proved to me you know your sh*t regarding oils, given my particular conditions (weekend car, spirited driving, track rare, summer temps 90-97 winter temps over 40), what oil do you recommend me? I can just get Motul 8100 and call it a day since its the one most people swear by.

I just don't want to go out and spend $17 a quart if I really honestly don't need it. (On another note, I only found Castrol SPT in Amazon going for about $8 a quart). One last one, after going FI you recommend 0w-30?

I'm sorry to bother, I promise you its my last questions. I put it here instead of PM for the benefit of other members.

Have a good day.

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 12-07-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote