View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #156
86fun

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash0901 View Post
The car starts so smoothly! I drove it around the block on just the basemap and everything seems to be working great. Clutch engages well, gears shift smoothly, no weird noises, etc.

I have taken the time to organize this spreadsheet of everything done to my car. This does not include labor on anything since I did about 99% of the work myself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

^The prices list in this spreadsheet are all what "you should expect to pay". They are not indicative of what i've spent but I will say my total is close to $42k on all these parts listed. Meaning I saved myself some money in certain areas. Others may save more, or less than me but as i've said before. If you want a properly built car that makes decent power, expect to spend $40k minimum on top of already owning a BRZ. And that is assuming you can do all of the work yourself.

Last year I met up with a professional builder to talk about doing a 2JZ swap and after going through everything I came up with $40-45k as well. However, you would have a beast of a car for that price! And it sounds like you do!
86fun is offline   Reply With Quote