Old 08-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #2253
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
And if you don't stay with this platform, what would be your next?
I do not know. There could be loads of options in 2020. Or there could be none.
I am a bit of the odd man out here since I never followed nor lusted after an 86. I read about the development back in 2010 or so and then promptly forgot all about it until I almost literally tripped over mine when killing time in a Toyota dealership while waiting for my Lancer to be serviced next door. I bought the car and then came here and franticly started to research before I picked it up and signed a week later.
From 1997 to 2012 I was a die hard Mitsu fan so never considered anything else but when they pulled a fast one on Canadians with the 2012 Lancer GT models and dropped anything else that was not and econobox sedan, SUV or micro hatch I started looking for a replacement. I looked at Zes, Focuses, Darts, WRX/STis, Cameros, Challengers, Porsches and Genesis coupes trying to find what I wanted to replace that POS Lancer GT wannabe. I had pretty much settled on the Genesis when I happened to see a tC and decided to take a look which lead to the FRS.
Sooooo, what will I get in 2020? Not clue at this point but you can bet I have learned a whole pile about different options since being on here.
Boomerang (08-11-2016), xuimod (08-18-2016), Zaku (08-11-2016)