View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #458
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s30series View Post
I'm going to hold off posting anything until I can get a few more logs done and tunes applied, then go back to the dyno.

I will say, as far as mods:

ptuning headers
motiv overpipe
HKS dual resonated front pipe
perrin 2.5" resonated cat-back
crawford billet power blocks
full mishimoto intake system
ecutek tune
perrin crank pulley
millers nano-drive oil

In the middle of the torque dip, the car is at 110ft/lbs of torque at the lowest point. No initial run on this specific dyno (dynojet) however another BRZ hit 115ft/lbs at the lowest point (not sure what was done to it)

I'm doing "etuning" but it might just be that this header needs to be tuned on a dyno- not just 3rd gear pulls and logging
Wow - excellent information. I'm putting together my exhaust now and intended to use the PTUNING header (which I already own) with a Motiv overripe, Motiv catted front pipe, and an as yet unknown quiet cat back exhaust. I know it will be loud, so I need a quiet exhaust that sounds great, but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet. The Perrin system was on my list, and I've also contacted Motiv about their prototype as well as Supersprint, but they've been slow to respond - I want something that sounds great and isn't like every other member's exhaust on this forum.

Interestingly, I also use Millers Oils Nanodrive lubricants throughout my car and highly recommend them.

The only thing that stands out in your list of parts as questionable to me is the use of the Crawford Billet Power Blocks. I make no claim to knowledge or experience with them, but I thought that they were designed to 'trick' the stock tune and we're not really designed for tuned vehicles or for improving volumetric efficiency at the top end of the rev-range, which is something your header is absolutely doing. You may have parts that conflict, so you may want to check into that - or it may be a remote tune issue, as you suggested. Someone at PTUNING responded above indicating that we can contact Ken at their shop to enquire about remote tunes for our header, so we should probably both reach out to him.

Good luck and let us know if, when, and how you get things with the header sorted out!

Last edited by RJasonKlein; 05-22-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Corrected a typographical error.
RJasonKlein is offline   Reply With Quote