View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
B.RUDY.Z

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clutch or Synchronizer Issue ?

I drive a 2014 Subie BRZ with 68K miles and I feel I may have 2 possible transmission issues, but these are not major issues at all. I can drive my car perfectly fine on a daily bases, these are more so pet peeves. Now this is my first manual car and I'm not sure if this is completely normal but shifting gears isnt all that smooth at times. I dont expect it to be perfect but sometimes going in to low gears like 1, 2 & 3 I get this click that just doesnt feel right and when it happens it requires a little bit more force than a normal smooth shift. And I'm sure that the clutch is engaged completely. I feel this can be an issue because after driving my friends wrx his shifting feels like butter heaven and makes every shift feel so swift. Onto the second pet peeve. Now I'm not sure how the previous owner who put in 66K into her treated the car but someone told me my synchronizer might be messed up. This happens quite rarely but some mornings when I start to drive i have trouble getting into 1st gear. I will attempt to put it in 1st gear and it is completely blocked so what I'll have to do is engage the clutch, attempt to put it in 1st, it wont go in so I let i go back to neutral without disengaging the clutch and attempt again then it goes in smoothly. So it is possible but i just need an extra step or two. NOW weirdly I found a solution to this and that would be turning off my car and starting it again. After that it completely disappears. I come to the forum because I dont really know jack about transmissions so anything will help thank you!
B.RUDY.Z is offline   Reply With Quote