Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Bummer, sucks that you were having trouble with it. I've been taking note on your uninstall since I might be parting out my car, but for an entirely different reason. Love the car with it, but the family is growing and may have to move up to 4 doors.
Ah well, is what it is. I hesitate to call going with this kit a mistake. It's still the best put together FI kit I've seen in a while.

Some things I can recommend to anyone reading this for install or uninstall now or in the future:

- Use a different color fluid than blue in your supercharger. That way you know where to start looking when you have a leak.
- Put all hardware in plastic baggies and label them.
- Take note of what factory hoses went where, or you will be confused if you remove the supercharger.
- Dont get a fuel line popper. They suck and don't work anyway. Instead, shove a paper clip in each side of the quick correct to depress the internal tabs.
- When working with the fuel rails, connect the fuel crossover line (blue clips) to the rail first, then rotate the rail down onto the injectors. Trust me on this.
BigFatFlip (10-04-2016)