strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestl View Post
HI there -- for the sake of those who come after and look at this thread for information (god know I do that plenty!), can you clarify your post? I read your post a few times and couldn't quite make out what you would do as the first paragraph seems to contradict the second one.
Having two cam bolts from SPC (upper and lower, 16mm and 14mm) is nice, they feel consistent and I have had good reliability with the 16mm bolts. However I am cheap and would have used the lower 14mm SPC bolt and swapped out the bolt in the upper hole for the OE lower bolt (as per the OEM camber adjustment method) if I had known that was an option.

2x SPC bolt - nice, not too hard on the wallet
1x SPC bolt + 1x OE camber bolt - cheaper alternative

I fully believe both options are viable to get more than -2 degrees and I'm using camber plates to get over -3 (I actually had the camber plates before the camber bolts). Not everybody wants maximum camber, or certain rulesets may limit the options available, I just wanted to chime in that I've got 2x camber bolts in my car and I'm happy with them, I don't think it was a waste of money, but on the flipside the 1x aftermarket bolt 1x OE bolt is certainly a viable option imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
And yeah, I didn't realize SPC bolts were that cheap now (I paid like $20-25 for mine IIRC and I thought that was about the cost of one set from Whiteline lol).
Whiteline bolts were like $40 initially. I fell for that one because I wasn't certain on the SPC's working.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote