View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 01:31 AM   #423
semis

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well that's good to hear!
I agree this mod is so attractive but have never done FD before so just want to minimise future surprises.
Im almost ready to order the 4.88 either Revolution JDM or Weir from US.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I have not touched the ECU in any way. For me this one important detail put my mind at ease and made me feel comfortable to do this while the car was still under warranty.

Think about this FD mod for a moment. Here is a mod that is relatively inexpensive, virtually impossible to detect, requires no adjustment to your ECU, not even to your speedometer. It doesn't mess with emissions tests as its not a tune or exhaust related mod ie you still have both cats.

Depending on the ratio you select you improve acceleration by .5 to a full second. It almost seems too good to be true right? I can understand people looking under every rock to find a catch.

The one and only catch (do your research) is I recall there being a need to also replace your LSD as it becomes no-longer compatible if you go much higher in ratio's than 4.5/4.6 or so. Some of the others who have, can chime in on this one. That said, with the 4.556 Cusco I went with, I had no such issues.

Must admit I'm enjoying the mild sleeper feel to the car now. Stock wheels / suspension probably helps that image along.

Talking to your other point. the ECU appears to still shift at the same points, but as each gear is faster it feels like it shifts earlier than prior. Hope that made sense.
semis is offline   Reply With Quote