Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
Orthow
Banned

Drives: 99' SIR Kswapped Racer/Showcar
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
Most people who hardpark do the mods themselves, anyone who does mods themselves deserves instant respect from any car guy. Even if its unneeded and stupid.

I know people who are too afraid to change their own god damn air filter.
That's not that attitude shared up here. If you are a hardparker you are a ricer. Putting race parts on a car to have it standing still at a Cars and Coffee meet is not doing it right. I think maybe we have different definitions of hard parking. Up here it represents anyone who is has race parts such as BBK, Cages, Harnesses/Race Seats ect. but never once goes to the track or even AutoX thus turning the race parts into showcar parts. Everyone I know and hangout with is not a fan of this and as such we refer to them as ricers just like the fart cannon boys. Worst yet are the guys with all the race parts and install a full stereo with multiple subs and amps that can't be removed.

If my car didn't see track duty at least twice a month (track/autoX) it would be a great candidate for a hardparker. I have every race part, drive around on R888's rcomps, lexan windows and also have a high dollar stereo system. Difference being, I win at shows and I can pull my stereo in less than 10 minutes to be track legal.

I could never hardpark an FRS/BRZ as its clear that damn car has a home on the track. Sacrilegious to not exploit the hell out that!
Orthow is offline   Reply With Quote