View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #57
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,819 Times in 16,427 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
DANG ...... this ol boy may be confused .......

@why? ....... are there two of you with the same forum name of "why?" .. ??

Back a couple months ago a "why?" started a thread entitled "Help with essential basics".

I quote:

"Help with essential basics

Basically I want to be able to change my own oil, rotate my tires, etc, start with the simple stuff, but I need the tools. I have a set of basic tools, aka wrenches, hammer, measuring tape.

I have a dirt with some gravel driveway, so I don't trust the jack that came with the car, and I know there are all sorts of different ways to raise the car for both oil changes and changing tires, what are the easiest and least expensive tools for someone getting started?

What other basic type of stuff do I need to buy that a beginner wouldn't even think of?

I obviously need a good jack, stands or something to keep the car off the ground, a good torque wrench for the wheels,etc. I've seen special wrenches for oil filters, but is that really necessary?

What type of containers do people use to drain the oil into, where do I get them, and what do I do with the used oil?

What else would be handy and what other basic maintenance would a beginner be able to do without too much hassle? I know I have the ability to do this type of stuff, I just don't have any clue about how or where to begin and I am looking for help".

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, starting yesterday, a forum member named "why?" started posting in this thread like he/she was some kind of automotive engineering expert.

Are you one in the same "why?" .... ??

If so, how did you get so automotive smart and experienced in a little over two months?

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Hawk77FT (02-14-2017)