Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #84
NESW20
2.1L 3SGTE

Drives: MR2 Turbo & Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
If I had the disposable income, I'd buy two of these cars: An FR-S for track duty, and a BRZ Limited for street. I learned the hard way that race parts are for race cars, not street cars. My MR2 went from a fun street car to an almost-race car and is no longer fun on the street. As such I'll probably turn it into a full track car and keep the BRZ street friendly. I won't cry if I accidentally stuff my 25-yr-old Toyota into a tire barrier, whereas I might if I did it in my brand new Subaru that I need to get me to work the following day...

Any word on a Spec-86 series in the States? I guess it could take a while; they only just announced a spec racing series for the 350Z this year. I think it would be a lot of fun for people with the budget - something different than Spec Miata, and a little higher skill than the B Spec series (Mazda 2, Fiesta, Fit).
i guess i feel totally different about my MR2 than you do about yours. i'd be gutted if i smashed it into a wall because they're getting harder and harder to come by, especially clean ones. at the same time, the monetary loss from smashing up an FRS would be larger...

does anyone know much about track day insurance? i witnessed a GT3RS get loose and smash the entire left side of the car into some armco and the driver didn't seem too upset about it. i can only assume he either had more money than we gave him credit for, or he had some kind of track day insurance.
2008 Civic Si Sedan
NESW20 is offline   Reply With Quote