View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #38
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
There's a lot of "works for me, will work for you" type of advice out there. Sometimes it's right, but more often than not, it's wrong, because the scope of experience is usually rather narrow for the person making that statement.

You're absolutely correct about the tire thing. People love to talk about how they did XYZ on a "200tw street tire" because the tires are stamped 200TW and that somehow magically makes it a street tire, but the reality is many tires are only stamped 200TW for competition legality purposes. The 100TW tires are much more accurate in describing the wear rate of the tires; I don't think anyone worth their salt would try to argue 71Rs last 2x longer than R888R, even though the stamped rating claims that.

Aero is absolutely effective, regardless of power level, unless you go into a power level so low that you're already WOT everywhere. Then, you actually hit the diminishing returns point of aero. That just simply isn't the case unless you're racing sub 100 hp cars. Even then, 100hp cars benefit from aero, just in a different form.

That "waiting to settle" time is a damper problem. Now you're effectively just riding on relatively uncontrolled spring, because you're so oversprung relative to the force your damper can exert.

I seriously need a datalog to try to determine why you're getting unwanted rotation. It keeps coming back to "i need a datalog", because this is something beyond what you can communicate to me verbally.

It sounds to me like you need to fix your damping situation first, before diving into a LSD. You've thrown a lot of money at trying to make your car faster with a lot of band-aid solutions. Lets attack the cause of the issue, not try to cover it up.
Thanks Mike, I will try to fix the datalogger and actually get real and precise data going, its on the plans, I also need it to analyse my driving see where im giving up time. I'll shoot you a message when I get some tangible data we could work with.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote