Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Brody602
Drift King

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xn7485 View Post
Getting a Nexus 7 this week, got a Proclip to use with it. Might be trading proclip mount for the beatrush one when it comes out. I think it's an awesome alternative to actual gauges.

I'll put pictures up on this post after installation.
I'm waiting for my Nexus 7 to come in the mail, also in regards to pro clip, im curious how much their mount for the nexus 7 mounted on the pro clip would intervene with the HU? Their mount looks nice and sturdy. (Good for abrupt turns/movements ;D)

Edit: I'm also looking into if the app's boost gauge will support aftermarket turbos, because it supports factory turbo setups. Simply because I plan on going down the FI route. I did get some feedback on the Torque forums from a user but idk how reliable his info is.. If anyone can confirm this it would be appreciated. :happy0180:

Quote:
As far I can understand, AVO kit is beeing controlled from your factory ECM, probably your engine already has the needed sensors to measure boost (MAP) and intake air temperature (IAT), the 2 basic params to manage air forced configurations.
Obviously at this moment your MAP only reads negative pressure (vacuum), but probably is able to read positive (boost), and your ECM only requires a software upgrade from EcuTek when you install the turbo kit.
So, if you can already read the MAP vacuum values using an OBD2 tool, after the tune, you will be able to continue reading this data.

Last edited by Brody602; 12-03-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Brody602 is offline   Reply With Quote