View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Keith@AIRAID

Drives: 51 Kaiser, 97 4Runner, 07 Civic Si
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
Please keep an eye on the MAF readings from idle to redline. Past n/a Subaru engines have had oscillation issues when the Heimholtz resonators were removed.

We'd also appreciate an AFR graph on the dyno as well.

Thanks.
Draco, we are on it. I probably shouldn't divulge too much of our testing procedure on the forum, but I can tell you that we use a flow bench to simulate MAF readings before the parts are ever installed on a car. Then we spend a lot of time test driving in real life situations with a close eye on the scanner to make sure the car is acting right.

Without these tools you are only guessing. You might make power by leaning out the fuel mixture, but it causes an unsafe condition for the motor. At the other end, you may fatten up the mixture and mpg goes out the window. Our kits are always designed to run perfectly out of the box, no tune required. Of course a good tune can usually add some power, and we are all waiting to see with this car. As an FA5 owner I have spent some time on the Honda forums, and it bothers me to see people post "Yeah that's a good intake, but it requires Flashpro to run right," because it's just not true.

Can you point me in the direction of some of the past Subaru problems, just so I can read up on it?
Keith@AIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keith@AIRAID For This Useful Post:
DesertFrs (03-29-2014), eriktherod (06-22-2012)