Thread: Open ECU?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #286
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRealFast View Post
Hey I would like to Thank everyone for this development info into the FRS ecu. I am new here

Well I would like to provide some insight here on exactly what I have planned. My FRS ecu just arrived and my buddy is a Master Tech at Toyota. He has access to all sort of tools. This weekend I will sniff the CAN lines along with K and L lines to see whats really going on the bus. I will gather logs with the car off, logs with the ignition on, logs with the car running, and logs with the dealer tool connected. This way i can filter out idle data vs dealer tool data.

I will then write a program to communicate to my custom hardware which will emulate dealer equipment. I would then connect the Stock ecu and try to reproduce messages and hope to get the same responses.

I know a lot about can bus, hacking ecus, dumping, and protocol stuff. I am still educating myself about about dissembling ecu code to find table data.

I am looking to team up with a couple of people to make this a group effort.

Thanks

Marc
YES! I wish I could help, but I'm more of an infrastructure guy than a developer, but I'm sure you'll find a couple people here that will be able to assist.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote