Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #50
Honesty
Heavy Metal Pool Party

Drives: 911
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
I agree with a lot of that, even though my personal preference was to get the opposite car (which I've owned two of). It's interesting how similar the cars are on paper in terms of their actual specs and performance specs, yet the driving experiences are very different. Some people love the stronger bottom-end torque of the STI, and some people love the better top-end power of the Evo. I actually have more close friends with STIs than Evos (not counting random people who I've met at meets and know them by their usernames), and we can go on all day long about it.

The interior of the STI definitely "looks" better, but a lot of the important stuff that you touch on a constant basis has a slight edge in the Evo, from the steering wheel (pretty similar though) to the seats (far superior) to the shifter (which felt a bit better, as the STI's shifter always felt "loose" to me). But again, the rest of the interior can be an eyesore at times. I remember when I got my first Evo in early 2006, I took a girl to the movies, and the first thing she asked was, "If this is a new car, how come this part [pointing at the head unit and HVAC] looks like that?" As much as I could justify it to myself, I knew that it wouldn't matter to her. But she did like the seats though!
lol

She probably liked the boost too.
Honesty is offline   Reply With Quote