View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #45
blue cat

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I've found visibility is an issue unless you set up your mirrors correctly, head checks are difficult because of the pillar behind the drivers seat so like others have mentioned already correct mirror angles are a must.
For those that haven't already found a good mirror setup: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ror+adjustment

Ride comfort kind of became a non-issue for me, i've gotten used to the firm ride and bumps. Having not driven a sporty car as a daily driver before i now find i much prefer the increased feedback and response from the 86 suspension. Everything else feels wallowy and disconcerting. But i'm in Melbourne so we have very good roads. It's rare to find roads that are bumpy and uneven, even then i don't usually notice unless a passenger points it out for me.

An interesting observation i made about driving this car: the other day i was happily driving along and my passenger mentioned the car was skipping around alot. I didn't make this observation myself because i actually find myself thinking more about grip levels and how much slip i can get from less than perfect roads than ride comfort

I'm planning on doing the sound tube plug mod to decrease cabin noise though. I've had the car for nearly 3 months and the times i want to just drive like a granny the car always seems too noisy.