View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 03:08 AM   #8
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't know about you all, but to be brutally honest I don't think the twins missed their intended mark. Could they be better? Well yes, but do I want to pay Porsche prices? Er well no.

Here in the land down under a base Boxter costs three times the cost of a base 86 GT. I actually like the idea of a project car. A car that, even if it will likely be a daily driver, to simply be a starting point to modify and make my own.

I do understand where you are coming from. I appreciate that you care enough to post your concern, but any which way you cut the cheese, improving the platform will simply price the car out of the market.

Truth be told I'm still amazed that something like the twins can exist in today's world market with all the baggage that comes with crash safety and fuel economy.

As for a mid life update I'd simply swap the diff ratio, improve their header design and tune that power dip the hell out of the picture. But that's just me
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
8R6 (09-07-2014), hmong337 (09-07-2014), lantsalot (09-09-2014), strat61caster (09-07-2014)