DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Man. It's like people want to see car snuff films or something..

It luckily was only superficial. I was in a left hand turn lane waiting for the light, and the old lady decided she wanted to turn left as well... from the center lane.

She came blazing in at top speed (fortunately for me that was about 2mph) and hit my back left bumper at an angle. I heard a creak and felt the car shake, so I got out to take a look. She could barely see over the steering wheel and they asked me if they could back up. I told them yes, so I could see the damage.

After backing up they drove the rest of the way to the crossing line in the center lane (no one was ahead of us at this point). When I asked where they are going, they said that they are turning left, and they hadn't hit me. I pulled out my cell phone and told them I was taking a picture of their plate (I did) and would report them as a hit and run.

They still insisted they had not hit me, so I called the police and made good on my offer. Once they saw me calling they stopped and put their hazards on.

Side note: My phone happened to be paired to my car, and I didn't turn it off so when I called the police they couldn't hear me because I was outside of the car.. DOH!

The police filed the report and sent us on our way. It's just a small scratch on my bumper that really only I will notice, but I am taking it in to my body work guy to see if there are any busted clips or non visible damage. I actually think it caught a piece of my exhaust so there was minimal external damage.
Lol, you should know us by now; As the saying goes...

Heh, just pull'n your leg...

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote