Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
233kw IS350 3.5l v6.... Winrar
This. I think if they use this platform to ever do a Lexus roadster (a la benz slk350 or bmw z4), a dry sumped 2GR is the IDEAL candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
2J was a great engine 15 years ago. great peak power. but not great power under the curve, or great hp to lb ratio. Big indestructible iron block is good for going in straight lines. But heck, even toyota swapped it out for something more effective for JGTC...
Don't get it twisted. it might be outdated, but the 2JZ was way ahead of it's time technologically, and it IS a great engine. The fact that people have used it's underlying strengths to tune for top end and straightline racing take nothing away from the motor. They didn't need to use it for JGTC as the 3S motor made the mandated 500hp without breaking much of a sweat at a much lighter weight. The JZ, though heavy, is still far lighter than any RB motor from that era, or any iron block I6 from that time period. The UZ engine which replaced the 3S in JGTC, is for all intents and purpose, an Aluminum, NA, V8 JZ. You guys stateside have yet to see half of what the UZ has to offer... but I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
But as long as we're talking ridiculous swaps, how about an LF-A motor?
I've been jonesing for toyota to do an 86 Concept/show car with a 1LR swap. Just for shit's n giggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
The BMW 5.0L S85 V10 from the previous generation M5 and M6 has just north of 500hp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_S85

As does the 5.2L Audi put in the R8, with slightly lower-powered versions in the S6 and S8.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._560-4.2FR8.29
Those engines are more than a little bit heavier than the LR. The S85 is a remarkable engine in it's own right though.
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matador For This Useful Post:
FreedE (06-04-2012)