Old 09-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #370
Molez93
Scott M

Drives: '13 BRZ (DocWalt's old car)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Brake Pad Manufacturer (F/R): Carbotech F&R
Caliper (F/R): AP Sprint BBK
Rotor Size (F/R - IE OEM or specify): Whatever that kit comes with ;-) Front, OE rear
Compound (F/R): XP12 F&R
Tires: Hankook TD (TW80, model is 221 iirc. Tire compound is C30 or "hard")

This is the first set of Carbotech pads I didn't hate. ( Prior experience was with xp8 & xp9 on an ITA prepped Honda CRX). These had some initial bite, but felt like "half" of what I remember when running Hawk Blues on that CRX or HT-12s on an E46 M3. Modulation was fine, maybe even very good. I just bought another set of xp12 for the fronts be caused they matched the rears which have a lot of remaining pad. If that initial bite were any less, I'd be looking for some other compound F&R right now. Thankfully, these were ok and I can save a couple hundred by not buying new for both front and rear (in Oct at WGI).

Scores:
Dusting (1=high-10=low): 3
Cold bite (1=low-10=high): 6
Hot bite (1=low-10=high): 6
Modulation (1=low-10=high): 8
Noise (1=extremely loud-10=quiet): 2 street, 8 hot/track
Pad Lifespan (1=short-10=long): 5? (Probably 12hrs of track time estimated useful life + a bunch of street use... mostly to and from track )
Does the brake dust with this combination damage the wheels/paint if not cleaned immediately? No. Definitely not
Brake ducts: No

I'd certainly welcome suggestions for a track pad which might feel like I'm dropping a boat anchor for initial bite. Even better if that recommendation included a second, street friendly pad suitable for swapping after track to then be used for autocross (STX) without needing to change rotors.
Molez93 is offline   Reply With Quote