View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
iggyhop9

Drives: 2009 Toyota Camry XLE V6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I spoke to some Toyota reps today

Not any Toyota salesmen or any Toyota employees associated with any local dealership, but independent people hired by Toyota to conduct this event. I'm in Savannah, GA and they were at our local Bass Pro Shops to conduct a consumer survey on their trucks (4Runner, Sequoia, Tundra, and Tacoma). I test drove a 4Runner and kept busy by talking to the rep while I drove. I asked him had he heard anything of the FT-86 and he said they had been briefed on it that morning because they were going to host a similar event with the FT-86 this upcoming fall. I asked him what he knew and he gave me all the obvious(RWD, co-developed with Subie, lightweight, low center of gravity, etc.). I asked him about engine choice and he said they were told by the Toyota executives that it would be NORTH of 300 horsepower, falling in line with what MotorTrend is reporting. I also didn't ask, but I assume it will be launched as a Toyota since he was speaking to Toyota execs about an upcoming Toyota product, as he described it. Anywho, finished my test drive and ran home to tell you guys about it
iggyhop9 is offline   Reply With Quote