ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
I've met him a few times at different events. He's a nice guy. I don't know if he will be remembered because I don't even recall the NSX/S2000 engineer you named.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Takes a special kind of fanboi to be able to throw out the names of chief engineers for several models of car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Yeah.. but like hundreds of others.

He will be remembered by a few that owned these cars.. otherwise.. negative.
Really? I can think few legends like, Father of Z, Katayama-san aka Mr. K. In Honda other than Soichiro Honda, def Shigeru Uehara come to mind. He helped develop iconic sports cars like NSX & S2000 (iirc DC-5). Hiromu Naruse was different engineer, but def carved Toyota's motorsports involvement and help develop Supra, MR2 and other sports cars. Of course, if you get into designer... Yoichi Sato (Rx7), (forgot the first name) Sakurai with GT-R comes to mind. Daisuke Sawai (AP1) is debatable. Not really Japanese, but want to note is Larry Shinoda (2nd gen Japanese) designer of String Ray & Mustang Boss 302 is up there on legend imo.

I'm pretty sure there are other famous engineers/designers... but that's what I can think top of my head.