View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
Firecruiser

Drives: 2014 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I installed it myself. It seems that my rear fog is wired differently than the ar fogs you sell. I have a wire that is just for the brake light. It flashes on activation and then stays on after flashing. That works as expected. The wire for the running light is also connected to the brake light without the flashing. So the running light and brake light are on at the same time.

The retailer I bought it from has told me they didn't modify it so the AR fogs they have must have been wired differently from manufacturing or they are not true AR fogs but they came in an AR box. This is possible since they are not advertised on their website as AR but as GCS rear fog light.

Do you have any insight into how i could get the fog light open to modify the wiring in it? The glue seems to break loose on the long sides pretty well and i'm not sure if it would soften with heat and come loose easier? I'm a little scared because I broke off a corner of the lens that is behind the bumper and is just extra plastic but I don't want to break any more of it if i can help it.
Firecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote