Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #84
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLap View Post
I am totally biased towards MT... so my opinion is that there is zero benefit at all to the AT. If you HAVE to have the AT (leg/knee issues, etc.) then I can understand, but otherwise there's no reason to get the AT.

Both hands should always be on the wheel either way, so that's not a pro of AT.

I don't find the MT to be harder to drive in traffic... so not sure that's really a pro of AT either. If anything I can't stand people who just lightly lift off their brake so the car moves forward on an AT while the brake lights are still on.

I really don't even understand why this car comes in an AT, but I guess it is to appeal to a wider audience (after all it has back seats for no good reason too...).

Coming from years and years of driving many many MT sports cars I can't stand driving AT. My car always feels so much better after I come back from a trip where I've had to drive an AT rental car for a week.

As always it's up to each person, but if somebody is coming to the FR-S never having driven a MT before then I highly suggest you get the MT and just force yourself to learn.
i agree! "slush" boxes should be reserved for land yachts ,of which there are many on the road...just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmaryt For This Useful Post:
whateatsrabbits (09-22-2012)