View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #97
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd_kid View Post
the turbo was aftermarket somewhere around 350-400whp. And I already have looked at the 5th gen and stated I see the tc being similar to a non gt-s version of any celica and even admitted the gt-s versions we're completely different beasts in a class of there own. The all-trac is also a completely different beast since it's awd just like the celica supra's are different beasts because they're rwd.... And I agree to disagree to me the tc lived up to the name in the united states ... yea it wasn't sold in japan but do you blame toyota the 7th gen celica was stupid expensive for what it was by the end of it's run.
Yeah, to get those numbers they would have lowered the compression to run higher boost among other things. Completely changes the experience. Still would be fun though.

That is why the tC isn't like the Celica. It doesn't have a performance version, it's just a base 2 door with nothing special and weighs too much. Heck you can compare it to a base cobalt and say it's the same, by that logic. The Celica started as RWD, it didn't become FWD till 4th gen and even that had an AWD option, the lower trims were FWD, all through to the 6th gen. The 7th gen was the only one that didn't have AWD or RWD, but it kept the low weight and had that unique 2ZZ engine. tC doesn't fit in that legacy, that's why it wasn't sold there. The 7th gen actually ran for an extra year in Japan, over N.A.