View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #1544
OwlDance

Drives: Halo 86, '19
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
I fell in love when I saw the FT-1 concept at the Toronto Auto Show a bunch of years back.
That SCREAMED what a new Supra should be. This thing, having driven it, will never have that legend status, and if it does, it'll be due to fanboism propping up a false idol.
I don't understand anybody's overt occupation with the FT1. A concept car is more there to market immediate mass appeal but has very little engineering and design behind it to account for practical manufacturing and regulations, etc. The ultra flush, massive sized wheels, the supercar curves, all that nonsense that the vast majority of concept cars always use and almost never make to the final production product (add in the difference in time from concept to production car and there's an even lesser chance of something appearing as is). It was never going to look like that.

Status and "legend" mean nothing, except to tug at marketed heartstrings over a car that sold like garbage anyway, regardless of its actual performance capabilities. The FT86 is absolutely nothing like an AE86...none of us clearly gave a damn or else we'd have put our money elsewhere. The only major fanboism that's currently centered around any of the Supra's is the MK4.
OwlDance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OwlDance For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (08-08-2019), raven1231 (08-08-2019), spike021 (08-08-2019), Tcoat (08-08-2019), Veloist (08-08-2019)