View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 03:12 AM   #4
Norcalkid

Drives: TC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
the BRZ is way more practical than a Corvette, and modding it is probably a lot cheaper than modding a Corvette as well. there is a huge aftermarket for the BRZ too (Corvette as well, but I am not sure about the Cayman), so that is a plus. I think the aftermarket for the twins is one of the largest.

you can always go FI with the BRZ and slap on some good tires/wheels and get great lap times. hell, even just changing out the tires from stock will get you an instant and noticeable improvement. just be careful when you're doing your suspension mods since it is very easy to ruin the balance of the car (the way it is stock is pretty good IMO but dat wheel gap tho).

if you also want to buy the BRZ new, I would recommend the 2017 with performance package as well since you get the Brembos and better dampers (plus all the other significant MY17+ changes).

Don't want to do mods, just want a fun reliable car. Not looking to track just fun weekend drives. I have been itching to get another bike but know that's a bad idea. Thought a fun car might scratch that itch.

I really think they have made some great improvements on the 17 but I doubt I will buy new. Only thing I don't like is the spoiler, looks too rice rocketish for me. Other than that I think they made some good improvements. Don't really think the PP is worth it for someone not planning to track the car.
Norcalkid is offline   Reply With Quote