View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #77
DR1FT

Drives: MBC300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hix View Post
Good rule of thumb is get a car that is a maximum of half your yearly income and a house that is a maximum of double your yearly income. Or if you like not worrying about money get a car you could pay off in two months and a house that is less than your yearly. The peace of mind of being stable is a huge point towards waiting on getting the car.

All that being said you are only young once... Why wait to have fun when you are old and can't?

EDIT:

That is not a huge amount for an xray tech really. I bet he works shit for hours though and lives in a less than desirable area. My gf's brother is a CRNA and makes just over 200k because he was willing to work in shit-ass El Paso and parts of New Mexico. That same job in Houston would bring maybe 80-100k
I hope you are in the medical field 96k is really alot unless he owns his own out patient xray place or his working 16-20 hour days. And your talking about a nurse anesthetist which is totally different they are like doctors and keep in mind that they also pay malpractice insurance.
DR1FT is offline   Reply With Quote