Old 08-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoast View Post
I am interested in what issues people have had that would fall under the lemon law catagory.

Lemon law typically needs the car to be in for repair (i.e., unusable or unsafe to drive) for the SAME repair 4 times or out of your possession (in the shop) a total of 30 days -- this is for California at least.

Having interior rattles fixed, the fuel pump replaced under the TSB, condensation in the tail lights, ect... would not fall under the lemon law. Even replacing your transmission (as I have seen people complain about on here) would not fall under the lemon law unless it took them a long time to remedy or many attempts to rectify.
Every state is different and most have a days system for the first 2 years or the same thing breaking multiple times within so many miles. Most people that lemon lawed theirs had the cel/traction light issue. They early cars that had that were in the shop close to a month. The fuel pump, taillights, transmission, oil leaks and deck lid popping all add up days the car is stuck in the shop. Some people have busy schedules and do not have that kinda time to be stuck always dropping off and picking up their car from the shop. It would be better for them to just get a different car with less known issues.

Sent from my Q10
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Accurate Race Shop For This Useful Post:
btoast (08-10-2014)