View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
HRTROB

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
According to Perrin, removing the radiator shroud is a bad idea:http://blog.perrinperformance.com/br...design-part-2/

Quote:
The next test was removing the plastic air diverter which rests between the fresh air scoop and the lower portion of the bumper. This part is installed to help block some of the air from blowing up and around the radiator. With the diverter removed, there was a nice steady noticeable amount of air flow coming from the scoop at 1.5MPH. This sounds like it would be a great way to make our intake system get a little more flow and cool air, or would it…

After testing this on the road, we found this was a really bad idea. The added pressure and airflow while driving at 45MPH or more would cause the car to run poorly and actually die if you push in the clutch! So the plastic diverter got re-installed and the PERRIN intake would be designed around utilizing this part.
I would think that the air turbulence created when removing the shroud is negligible since we are FI but I still left mine in place, along with the stock snorkel.

For your second question, the HKS snorkel should work without requiring a retune. Keep us posted with your results!
HRTROB is offline   Reply With Quote