View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #86
Kratzogram

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prax View Post
Go talk to Subaru, it's really a Subaru at heart.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Subaru wanted nothing to do with this car when Toyota first showed them this chassis. Only after Toyota set up a media event with Subaru engineers and drove it did they see the potential of this chassis. Yeah it uses a boxer, Toyota is a smart corporation....why R&D their own boxer when you own a controlling stake in a company that already manufactures it!

Anyways also just wanted to add that the original ae86 was only in production for 4 years from what I know and I don't know the production numbers but here we are in 2017 the ae86 is still doing what it does best. When ever production ceases on this model and it will one day, why I personally don't give a f**k, I couldn't be happier with the outcome of this car be it gt86/frs/brz.

I'm a Toyota fan boy and was instantly hooked when I saw the initial concept of this car, saw the FRS concept car at the 2011 LA Auto Show, worked on it as a technician for Toyota back in 2012 (felt like a 6 year old on christmas day ha!) and now I own one.....finally. I could not be happier with this car, I use the back seats and fill the trunk up with all kinds of stuff. Never have I really needed more power while city or highway driving, other cars I looked at where Miata's and S2000's but they weren't Toyota's lol. I feel this car was made for me as I am a Toyota enthusiast and it encompasses all my needs, especially the room for improvement as I see fit to my tastes and my budget. Hope to own this car for a very very long time. Cars like this made by companies like Toyota aren't made for profit or to hold their value, I'd say that is more of a bonus.

Hats of to Akio Toyoda and Tetsuya Tada!
Kratzogram is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kratzogram For This Useful Post:
bcj (03-05-2017), daiheadjai (03-06-2017), Hoahao (03-05-2017), Overdrive (03-05-2017), PabloN (03-05-2017), Prax (03-04-2017)