Old 04-14-2022, 10:54 PM   #315
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzlegend View Post
You should see 49psi with 9psi oem is 58. If your going below that your fuel pump isnt up to the task.
You can squash the regulator can and get a little more base psi. That's how the factory sets the pressure.
How does it compare to the supercharger?
I have the DW300c. I think it should be good with that pump at this power level. I'm not making too much more power than what I was making with the Harrop supercharger at 14.5psi.

The supercharger is more immediate and linear. It feels more NA. The turbo has more torque and is more drama with the surge and noises. Both have their benefits. I would probably prefer the FA24 with a Harrop supercharger because I like immediate throttle response and because this turbo and low boost level doesn't have crazy boost/torque buildup, so there isn't as much drama; might as well have the supercharger without the turbo lag/threshold if the torque curves are identical. With that said, the power is a blast, and I like the 8k redline and setup, so no regrets. It is far more upgradable in power potential if I want to move to the next level.