View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-R-Z View Post
How much do you care about your car? It's a 2017 BRZ dude, if it was me I'd get it repainted. Is the car overall in good shape or is this just another blemish out of many? If it's generally in beat up condition on other panels then yeah you may want to sleep on it. I've had my BRZ for 5 years as of May 2018 and all panels are perfect (minus a replaced hood and bumper from hitting a deer) because I park a decent distance away everywhere I go and do what I can to leave a good space between me and anyone else. ::knock on wood::.

Depends on where you live I guess. Out of 20 years of having 'cool' cars (Honda Prelude -> Integra GS-R -> S2000 -> BRZ) I've literally had 2 incidents happen while parked, one huge ding in my door and one person actually hit me and left no note. Yeah if you park up close everywhere you go you are bound to have a mini van or soccer mom SUV who they themselves or their kids can care less about how much you care for your car, or just hit it accidentally--or just some careless scumbag who kicks their door open. If you take precautions you can avoid a lot of stuff from happening while out.
I agree, I’ve only had one of my cars hit while parked. I was at a restaurant and the guy that backed his truck into my bumper actually came inside to find out whose car he hit and offer to pay for damages (which literally amounted to a hairline scratch on the rear bumper). Toysub lives in California though... I’ll just leave it at that
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCtoBRZ For This Useful Post:
Spuds (02-27-2018), Tristor (02-27-2018)