Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Stevo22

Drives: GR86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo View Post
I'm about to do the same on essentially the stock suspension with the stock tires and upgraded fluids and pads. What did you think of the handling and stock suspension when you really pushed it? did the car still feel planted and stable? How were the tires? How many laps could you get befor they got greasy?
There was only one turn where the rear end would slide out a bit on me. I did 5 25 minute sessions and I never really felt them get that greasy. This was also my first time driving on a track and while I felt like I was pushing it. I was not driving anywhere near what the car could take (I was probably close to what the tires could take at some points).

Overall if it is your first time the stock tires should be fine. I never once during my session thought man I have to back off because my tires are greasy. It should be noted that due to me being in novice run group there were times I was stuck in a train of slower cars. So if I was able to lap at my pace without obstructions, I do not know how long they would last. @ATL BRZ said he was surprised at how well the stock tires/stock did. Since he has more experience than me he might be able to chime in and add something more of merit to the conversation. He only did two "show me the line" laps driving in my car, but he road with me the whole time.
Stevo22 is offline   Reply With Quote