View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistople View Post
I find it difficult to smoothly brake at low speeds with the PP Brembos with the OEM pads. Coming to a stop, there doesn't seem to be much resolution at the end of the pedal to stop without suddenly jerking the car to a halt. If I focus enough, its possible, but certainly more difficult than your average OEM brakes.

Have I incorrectly bedded that pads? Or is it just a characteristic of the brakes themselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
This is not my experience - I've found them almost too progressive, taking effort to stop hard, even moving slowly. I don't have many miles on the setup so I suppose that could change.

At a guess, your technique will improve with practice, where it's about learning subtlety at a foot position you've never needed to care. You might also evaluate seating position, and verify you're able to use small muscle groups to control pressure. I'm not sure these are likely, but figure it's worth throwing it out there.
There are variety of factors playing into this. We have setup multiple vehicles that have the PP kit and the Brembo GT. If you have an application on what you will subject your car to, please let us know and we can supply you with the appropriate setup.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote