View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 05:13 PM   #20
mrhayes1

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS white
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
When it comes to stock headlights, no offense but they are crap. IMO, its not worth opening them up, etc., and trying to get fancy. Just buy an HID kit. I bought morimoto ones a few years ago for $150 and they are phenomenal. High end brand and very reliable. Light output is great. I am actually kinda selling them now...I upgraded to actual LED Morimoto headlights which are so nice. If interested, I can sell you my old morimoto HIDs for $70, but you would have to pay shipping of course. They are just sitting in my garage. Completely plug and play. No wiring or splicing. Good HID kits like this come with everything and all you need to do is run the wires and plug things in.

When it comes to lighting, you get what you pay for. There is a reason my morimoto headlights come with a 5 year warranty and many other aftermarket headlights come with a 1-2 year warranty at most. I would recommend staying away from aftermarket bulbs and cheap LEDs as they wont do much in terms of performance and will probably be crap. Amazon and Ebay are generally not your friend when it comes to lighting. Everyone likes to say they bought such and such on Ebay or whatever for cheap...but talk to me after 5 years when the parts are still working and not broken. $20 bulbs on Ebay that you have to replace every 1-2 years gets expensive. I know from experience. Your best bet is to buy an actual HID or LED kit from a reputable seller; both of which will cost you 100-150 new.

*Edit. I see in your post you said morimoto swap is not great light output. Not sure what you are referring to but I can tell you that both the Morimoto HID kits ($150) added to stock headlights and the actual replacement morimoto LED headlights (~$800) have excellent light output.

Last edited by mrhayes1; 02-14-2020 at 05:27 PM.
mrhayes1 is offline   Reply With Quote