View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #56
Pedro13

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry

My wife HATES my car. Always has from the before day she even rode in it. The day after I bought it, but hadn't picked it up yet, she called me in totally hysterics. Between sobs I managed to get the story of why she was so upset. Apparently she had told the guys at her work what I bought and they all said things like "Oh he will be killed by a truck running over him", "those things are so powerful (sic) he will get into an accident" and "Those are death traps". I had to show her all the crash test ratings and safety awards to get her calmed down. Even now when she goes with me anyplace (very, very, very rare) she is gripping the seat edge with white knuckles and flinches every single time any other car comes close.[/QUOTE]

In my (so far)two spring/summer/fall years that I have my 86 my wife has not even TRYNG to drive it! not even once! and is not because is manual, she knows drive manual, but doesn't like my "baby"... In fact she only has been passenger on my car 2 times... But instead, she loves my "Winter Beater" (Corolla 2001)... Tales for a married man
Pedro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pedro13 For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (12-10-2019), Tcoat (12-10-2019)